Apple's Best Back to School Sales
During back to school season, nothing beats some new electronics. For students moving into high school or college, a laptop is an incredibly useful tool that's becoming almost essential as schools start to take advantage of new technologies. If a laptop died over the summer or your child's laptop is a few years old and starting to function poorly, then a new laptop can be an important part of back to school shopping. For Apple fans, this can be a great time to buy a new Mac laptop.
Macs are notoriously expensive, so anytime you can get a discount, you should take advantage of it. There are many back to school deals available from plenty of merchants, but if you're looking for something specifically for an Apple laptop, iPhone, iPad, or Apple headphones, you might be a bit lost. Here are some of the best ways to get a back to school discount on Apple products.
Find Back to School Sales on the Apple Store
The Apple store sometimes runs sales on its products. Back to school sales have historically been open only to students and their families, so make sure you have documentation that you or your child is currently enrolled in school. There are a few different back to school sales you might be able to take advantage of:
- Since 2015, during Apple's official back to school sales, you can get a free pair of Beats headphones with the purchase of any Mac or iPad Pro.
- This promotion is only available to verified students, parents, and educators, and doesn't include refurbished or mini Macs.
- Before 2015, Apple usually offered gift cards as part of its back to school sale, and there's no telling whether that may return.
Sometimes, Apple will run sales during the back to school season that technically don't have anything to do with school sales specifically. If you need a great back to school deal, but you're not super-invested in the one that Apple is offering, check around to see if Apple has any other sales. You could end up with a great back to school deal that wasn't technically marketed as such.
Take Advantage of Electronic Stores' Back to School Sales
- Best Buy runs a number of student deals every year. They're usually pretty broad and cover a variety of brands including but not limited to Apple.
- In August, you'll find that Best Buy usually launches its Apple Back to School event. During this event, you can get hundreds of dollars off a new or refurbished Apple product, usually encompassing laptops, tablets, and iPhones.
- Staples will sometimes run a clearance on Apple products after the initial back to school events have concluded. Although you'll only find a small sampling of products here, it might be worth it to wait if you're on an extremely tight budget.
Note that you'll have to verify your student status to access some of these deals.
If you're planning to get back to school deals through these retailers, you should also make a list of any other electronics you want and order them at the same time. Consider whether you need supplies such as office paper or even other big electronics such as printers.
Get Older and Refurbished Models on Third-party Sites
Sites such as TigerDirect often offer electronics at substantial discounts, and that goes for Apple products as well as products from numerous other brands. These discounts get more pronounced when you look at older models and are even more significant when it comes to refurbished items, which you can find at sites such as NewEgg. Refurbished products can seem less reputable than brand-new electronics, but they're a great value. They're not just used; they've been recertified, so you know you're getting a reliable product.
- Newegg offers "daily deals," which are one-day-only discounts. Occasionally, you may see an Apple product pop up there.
- Similarly, TigerDirect has a Deal of the Week, which routinely changes. It's less likely that you'll find an Apple product here, but there are other discounts available on Apple computers.
- Both NewEgg and TigerDirect have insider clubs, which allow you to sign up for emails and access exclusive promotions.
In the lead-up to the start of school, third-party websites may also provide free shipping deals and additional coupons.
There are many different ways to save money on Apple products this year, whether you're looking for the newest style or you're okay with trying out an older model. Regardless of whether you're trying to find a laptop, desktop, phone, tablet, or headphones, Apple has what you need, and its sleek design and versatility have made it a favorite for millions of people worldwide.
Back to school sales can be great for students and their parents, and that goes double when the products you're trying to buy are very expensive. Apple certainly meets that criteria, but if you take advantage of the amazing back to school deals available on hundreds of websites, you can reduce that high price to something more manageable. Don't buy that MacBook at retail value just yet; check for back to school deals, and you'll be able to get it at a better price.